Saturday, March 7, 2009

This issue called 'Love'.

There's something I need to state clearly.
I have never fallen in love.
Before you go 'Oh, me too.', let me ask you.
Have you ever had a crush on someone in your entire life?
Have you ever been in a relationship at a point in your life?
Yes?
No?
Let me tell you one of my personal experiences.
xxx: Do you have a boyfriend?
Me: No. You?
xxx: Same with you.
Me: I haven't experienced falling in love yet.
xxx: Yeah. Me too. I know what it's like.
Some time later.
xxx: I need your help.
Me: Huh?
xxx: I've been in love with yyy, but et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.
Excuse me, but didn't you mention on not falling in love before?
Do you know how frustrating it is when someone say that they know how it's like to not be in love ever, then later on I find out that hey, they've been in love all along?
It's annoying and frustrating when someone claims to understand how I feel, and that she/he too has went throught the same thing, but she/he actually does not and has not.
I don't understand why people would lie, denying that they've never experienced love.
Is it that shameful?
Why do they want to degrade themselves to be something like me, a person who really has not even had a simple crush?
Is it out of pity?
Or perhaps they think I'm lying?
I'm not.
So many times I thought maybe there's something wrong with me to not fall in love, then in they come, saying that they too have not.
I'd think at first that maybe it's okay to be in your late teens and have yet to have a crush, maybe it's normal.
But then I find out that they have, at some point in their lives.
It's as if their insinuating that they're lying out of pity, and that I'm abnormal.
I can't describe how betrayed I feel when a person claims to share my lack of experience, but later on reveal that she/he has/had a boyfriend/girlfriend/crush at some period of their life.
They usually go on and on, saying how and why they would never want to fall in love and all, and I'd be there listening to their fake sob story.
I've listened to a lot of people going 'I'd never fall in love!', when they've already been or is in love.
If you've been in love, admit it.
If you had been in a relationship, admit it.
Maybe that experience was painful, maybe it changed your perception on 'love' forever, but don't deny it.
And please don't ask 'What about LM.C? Don't you love them?'.
Dear, there's a difference between falling in love with an idol whom you'd probably never meet and falling in love with a person whom you'd meet in real life.
Then there's the issue of me not falling in love ever.
Wonder why?
Me too.
Maybe it's because I've seen my friends get hurt by love, and subconsciously I try to avoid it?
Maybe it's because I consider 'being in a relationship' to be something more of 'being with a potential spouse'.
I've been friends with people who are amazing in terms of personality, looks, talents and all that, but I've never feel attracted to them.
I've had been confessed too as well, but let's just say that those experiences have been more of amusing than romantic...
Anyhow, good day to all you people out there.
Know that no matter what, you're still better than I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well I started crushing on a guy since last October and still am right now. ON THE SAME GUY. it is so painful and suffering but the feeling won't go away. sheesh.