Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Huh...

So yesterday I woke up earlier than normal (after I had went back to sleep after my brother's toilet incident), and when I looked out of the window, I noticed that it was a fine day.
But when it started to drizzle when my mom was driving us to my aunt's house, I couldn't help but think how cliche it all was.
After all, I was about to visit my grandfather that day along with all my relatives.
It was interesting, considering that I took about three hundred pictures of my aunts, uncle, grandmother, mom and my cousins (I took a lot of pictures of my cousins -.-) and used up two pairs of batteries within the span of about one and a half hour.
I think that it still hurts us all, especially my grandmother, but I think that we've managed to move on.
The younger ones still don't understand, and they probably wouldn't remember when they've gotten older, but for me, I'm glad that I'm old enough to remember.
I'll confess that when I was young, about ten years old and younger, I was afraid of my grandfather and didn't really like him.
I stayed with my grandparents then, and I was young and stupid.
My grandfather was hard of hearing, so naturally people would have to raise their voices when they spoke to him.
And when you can't hear well, you tend to raise your voice too.
Thus I related my grandfather to lots of yelling, and I didn't like it at all.
It frightened me then.
He frightened me, and I didn't like that feeling although I didn't show it.
Those days, I was close to my grandmother, but I didn't dare to get close to him.
I think it's my lost, since, as a lot of people have told me, he was a brilliant man who had changed many people's lives during his prime.
Even though I only knew him as someone related to me by blood, as my mother's father, nothing more than that, nothing about his life, his personality, his past, I'm surprised that he can affect me the way he is last year till now.
One year has passed by so quickly...

No comments: